Devotees thronged the shrine of shaikh Abdul Qadir Jeelani (RA) a famous sufi saint on the conclusion of annual urs. Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jeelani (RA) also known as Ghaus-ul-Azam or fondly called as Peer Dastgeer Sahib is being revered by one and all across the globe.
I made this picture during a cold winter morning, the weather wasn't favourable, it was cloudy. And it was snowing before I took this picture. Suddenly the snow stopped and the sun shined through the could and lit a patch of land near the hut of the golf course. Luckily I got this shot and a few minutes later it started to snow again.
Amidst mild rains local resident of Dal Lake heading towards near by market through the wooden footbridge. which later connects the Dal inhabitants to the various areas of the uptown oldcity.Dal is a lake in Srinagar. Dal Lake is a misnomer as Dal in kashmiri means lake the summer capital of Indian Controlled Kashmir.The urban lake, which is the second largest lake in the state, is integral to tourism and recreation in Kashmir and is named the ''jewel in the crown of Kashmir.
Kashmiri people carry the body of a commander of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant outfit Junaid Ahmad Matto during his funeral procession in Khudwani village of Kulgam district about 60 km south of Srinagar, summer capital of Indian-controlled Kashmir, June 17, 2017. Three militants, including a commander of Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant outfit, and two civilians were killed in a fierce gunfight in restive Indian-controlled Kashmir, police said Saturday.
A Kashmiri boy looks through the slit of wooden paneling during the funeral of a militant in south Kashmir's Kanjkul, Yaripora some 60 kilometers from Srinagar,Kashmir on March 29, 2017. Three civilians were shot dead by Indian police when they were trying to breach the security and help holed up militant to escape from the encounter site in Central Kashmir's Chadoora on March 28.
Kashmiri Muslim Womens spread hands towards the priest spraying Rose Water from the window of a shrine to devotees after having the glimpse of the holy relic of sufi saint displayed by the head priest from the shrine at Khanyar in Old Srinagar, the summer capital of India-administered Kashmir.
Braving bone chilling cold in ongoing harsh winter period in Kashmir, thousands of devotees including women, elderly and children, from different parts of the valley participated in the night-long prayers to mark the yearly commemoration or the death anniversary of the Islamic Sufi saint of 11th century revered saint Sheikh Syed Abdul Qadir Jeelani commonly known as Gous-al-Azam Dastgeer in the shrine, situated in Khanyar area of Old Srinagar, which was damaged in fire accident in year 2012.
The devotees had the glimpse of holy Relic of sufi saint Gous-al-Azam after Fajr (morning) prayers and the process continue throughout the day after every prayers.
The shrine of Khnayar is devoted to 11th century Sufi saint whose actual shrine is located at Baghdad in Iraq. Even though the saint never visited Kashmir in person, he is highly revered by the locals. The shrine wear festive looks during yearly commemoration or Urs days as several stalls selling food items and other goods are set up outside.
- Рейтинг фотографов по странам и городам строится на основе 2 лучших фотографий автора и их относительной позиции в каждой отдельной номинации. Рейтинг в номинации "Мобильная фотография" учитывается в меньшей степени для формирования рейтинга. В списке показывается одна фотография автора с лучшим рейтингом.
- В рейтинге по номинациям учитывается одна лучшая работа автора набравшая максимальный бал.
- В списке опубликованы только работы которые прошли 2-й этап голосования.
- The rating of photographers by countries and cities is based on the two best photos of the author and their relative position in each separate nomination. Rating in the nomination "Mobile Photography" is taken into account to a lesser extent for rating formation. The list shows one photo of the author with the best rating.
- The rating for the nominations takes into account one of the best photographs of the author who scored the maximum score.
- Only those photos have been published in the list that passed the second stage of voting.
More recently, we have made an improvement and now we have a new feature - "Series uploading." Even now, you can download from 3 to 10 photos in the series, united by a common idea. Voting for the series will take place separately from other series in their nominations. vote principle remains the same as for single photos. At the moment, series uploading is available for nominations: "Children's Photography", "Wild Animals", "Staged Photography" and "Reportage photo". This feature is available for any improved account.